ACCESSIBILITY LEAD (GOVERNMENT)
HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division supports clients across the province in hiring administrative, professional and executive talent in such areas as administrative support, program management, health care, communications, human resources, finance, information technology and policy development.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accessibility Lead for a 6 month contract with our client in the public sector, located in Toronto. This is the perfect opportunity for a compliance or policy professional with a strong background and understanding of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with an ability to communicate to multiple audiences.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the planning and oversight of the client’s accessibility program to ensure their compliance with overall Ontario Public Sector (OPS) accessibility strategy and legislative requirements and standards. You will also oversee the monitoring and reporting standards, tools, and processes to deliver on legislated expectations and obligations.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field such as: public policy, AODA, health policy, law or health administration;
- Demonstrated experience in a government relations, policy or accessibility issues role;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information tailored to different audiences;
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively within a team;
- Public, Broader Public and Non-Profit sector experience is considered an asset.