HR Associates is an innovative and forward thinking human resources management firm that provides a variety of human resources solutions to the public and not-for-profit sectors. As a recognized leader in the provision of interim professional resources, we are known for bringing together our diverse network of candidates with our client’s interim staffing needs, which includes positions in: accounting, auditing, finance, human resources and project management.
Our Regulatory Body client is looking for an organized and knowledgeable Accounting Assistant for a 6 month+ temporary opportunity in downtown Toronto.
In this role you will:
- Process financial accounts, reconciling, and reviewing bank statements;
- Review and following up on monthly accrual journals;
- Provide support and assistance to clients and accounting staff;
- Manage the internal financial database reports, and reviewing for any discrepancies.
- Educational background in business administration or accounting is preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience in accounts payable and/or receivable;
- Superior attention to detail as well as excellent organizational skills;
- Experience in preparing financial reports;
- Experience using QuickBooks will be considered an asset.