HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division supports clients across the province in hiring administrative, professional and executive talent in such areas as administrative support, program management, health care, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc.
Our government agency client is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join their Finance and Administration team for a 3+ month opportunity in North York.
- Review, reconcile and process all invoices, expense claims, accounts payable and other expenditure items in a timely manner;
- Follow-up on any discrepancies and outstanding compliance issues; perform regular and ad hoc reconciliations of claims;
- Prepare month-end financial reports and special analysis of expenditures;
- Match invoices to purchase orders/contracts, including ensuring consistency with contracted rates and terms. Process payment through creation of cheques/electronic payment files/input of electronic payment requests, for review and authorization;
- Perform daily reconciliations of their bank account and prepare bank deposit information;
- Prepare and post daily bank journal entries
- 2+ years of experience working in accounting and processing a large volume of invoices and expense claims
- Strong reading comprehension and mathematical skills to interpret various documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience using MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at an intermediate level
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and complete tasks within deadlines
- Demonstrate expertise with financial information systems (experience with Oracle is an asset)
- Excellent interim opportunity with our client in the broader public sector;
- Located in North York – very accessible by transit;
- Competitive pay rate!