Part-Time Accountant, Non-Profit Organization
HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division supports clients across the province in hiring administrative, professional and executive talent in such areas as administrative support, program management, health care, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc. Our clients include the Ontario Government, Federal Government, LCBO, Metrolinx, Public Health Ontario, Ontario Lottery and Gaming, College of Nurses of Ontario and many other reputable public sector and not for profit organizations.
Our client, a non-profit organization, is seeking a Part-Time Accountant for an excellent interim assignment.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: 6 months
In this role you will: work closely with the Manager of Operations & Finance and the Bookkeeper to provide oversight and recommendations to the department. You will be tasked with aiding in year-end tax preparation, annual audits, budgets, forecasts and financial reporting. You will also oversee day-to-day operations which include payables, general ledger maintenance, receivables, and account reconciliations.
- 5+ years of general accounting experience is required;
- Post-secondary diploma in business, accounting and/or finance required; Professional accounting designation (CPA) is required
- In depth knowledge of financial / accounting processes, with the ability to think analytically;
- Experience with accounting software such as Accpac Sage 300;
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines and demands in the presence of frequent interruptions;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- An interest in fine arts is preferred;