HR Associates is a human resources management firm specializing in the public and broader public sector in Ontario. We are looking to expand our team with an Administrative Assistant with a strong customer service orientation and who is looking to gain experience in a fast-paced office environment. We are looking for someone with a committed work ethic and a proven ability to handle multiple priorities as a time.
You will spend half of your time in this role as the face of our organization. This will include handling inquiries and concerns over the phone, through email, and in person. These inquiries will range from simple information requests to complex problems that require tact and diplomacy in their resolution. The rest of your time will be spent on a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks, many of which are vital to the day-to-day functioning of our organization. This will include arranging courier packages, data entry responsibilities, and payroll and invoicing support.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You are early in your career and looking to gain some office experience. You might have some past experience providing administrative support or completing clerical tasks, and you are looking for an opportunity to grow and hone your skills.
- You are able to communicate clearly and concisely in a professional manner, using your interpersonal skills to provide superior customer service to clients over the phone, in person, and in writing.
- You are able to work independently and use the resources you have at hand to complete your tasks.
- You are a master multi-tasker; picking up and dropping tasks on a moment’s notice doesn’t fluster you. You are able to keep track of your priorities while managing a high volume of interruptions.
- You are very detail oriented and pride yourself on your accuracy. In addition to your regular administrative tasks, you will have responsibilities for supporting the payroll department where precision is imperative.
- You have superior technical skills. At minimum, you are an intermediate/advanced user of Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn and pick up other software as required (e.g. databases, survey software, other web applications, etc.)