The College of Optometrists of Ontario is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant position.
About the Role
The College of Optometrists of Ontario is seeking a full-time permanent Administrative Assistant to open and scan mail, field incoming calls, and provide general office administrative support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Organizing and filing office supplies;
• Assisting with mail/courier management, including receiving, recording and distributing as well as preparing mail-outs as required;
• Opening, date stamping, and scanning incoming mail twice per week during COVID-19;
• Providing general office support by phone, in-person, and by e-mail;
• Maintaining member records and database management;
• Catering/meeting support, including set-up and clearing;
• Working collaboratively with other administrative staff members to prioritize tasks as necessary;
• Interacting respectfully and helpfully with other College staff, volunteers, professional members, the public, and vendors; and
• Support to other program areas, as required.
• Excellent customer service/public interaction experience.
• Experience with data entry and production of reports using database software (experience with iMIS would be an asset).
• Intermediate computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Mail Merge, PowerPoint).
• Work experience in a healthcare environment and/or regulatory organization would be an asset.
• Living proximity to the College would be an asset.
• Customer-focused with excellent telephone manner, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility and the ability to switch from one task to another with ease and grace.
• Highly effective organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, to prioritize and manage different and varied tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information using discretion, professionalism and good judgment.
More about the College
We are a small, professional team that promotes collaboration and work-life balance. The College is located in the St. Clair Ave. and Yonge St. area near the subway system. Our staff is currently working remotely.
How to ApplyIf you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please forward via e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 15. Questions about the position or the recruitment process can be directed to Luciana Da Silva of HR Associates at 416-237-1500, ext. 266, or Luciana.DaSilva@hrassociates.ca. Please note that applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request.