The College of Optometrists of Ontario is a self-regulatory authority responsible for registering (licensing) and governing optometrists in Ontario. Optometry has been regulated in Ontario since 1919 and is guided by legislation including the Regulated Health Professions Act and Optometry Act. The College’s mission is to regulate Ontario’s optometry profession in the public interest. The College uses its authority to guide the profession in the delivery of safe, ethical, progressive and quality eye care at the highest standards. Its vision: A leading regulator focused on safe eye care and progressive practice.
The College of Optometrists of Ontario is recruiting for the permanent, full-time position of Communications Coordinator to support the College in providing its stakeholders with effective, professional, accessible, and timely communications. Reporting to the Registrar, this position will provide expertise and support the production of all College communications; maintain the College’s website; manage social media activities; ensure adherence to brand standards; and provide administrative support to Council. This position involves a wide spectrum of activities including developing and editing College communication materials such as e-blasts, newsletters, press releases, annual reports, and PowerPoint presentations; updating and managing the College website and social media channels; preparing Council briefing materials and taking meeting minutes; and providing administrative support to the Registrar.
General responsibilities will include creating/formatting/proofreading content for College publications; managing the College’s social media presence; collaborating with the Registrar, Council, committees, and staff to identify communication needs and opportunities; initiating and maintaining relationships with external suppliers (e.g., graphic designers, photographers, web hosts); and ensuring the College adheres to brand and graphic standards in all communications and that communications materials represent the values of the College. This position will also monitor the effectiveness and/or utilization of College communications, and participate in pre-event/meeting activities and attend events/meetings as appropriate.
- University degree or community college diploma in communications/journalism/public relations or related area, combined with relevant experience in a communications role in a not-for-profit environment. Familiarity with the health and regulatory field are definite assets.
- Above average communication skills, excellent writing and proofreading skills, detail oriented.
- Experience writing for various forms of media, including websites, social media, annual reports, e-blasts/newsletters.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and social media channels (i.e., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube).
- Experience using MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Mail Merge, Excel), and familiarity with graphic design software.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, to prioritize and manage several different and varied tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills; keen sense of planning and organization; self-starter and creative.
The College offers competitive compensation, based on experience.
More about the College
We are a small, professional team that promotes collaboration and work-life balance. The College is in midtown Toronto near the subway. Our staff is currently working in a hybrid environment.
Our College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender. Accommodations are available on request.
How to ApplyQualified candidates interested in this opportunity are asked to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, November 24. Questions about the position or the recruitment process can be directed to Luciana Da Silva of HR Associates at 416-237-1500, ext. 266, or Luciana.DaSilva@hrassociates.ca. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posted by: Luciana Dasilva
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job type: Perm. Full-Time
- Job category: Communications
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
3099 total views, 8 today