Funded through proceeds from Ontario’s carbon market, the Green Ontario Fund (GreenON) is a new not-for-profit provincial agency tasked with reducing greenhouse gas pollution in buildings and industry to help meet Ontario’s emission reduction targets. Through programs and rebates the Green Ontario Fund not only reduces energy use but helps people and businesses take climate action into their own hands and grow their savings.
Join the Green Ontario Fund’s (GreenON) implementation team, tasked with the startup of operations and the development of programs to meet the agency’s strategic objectives.
Communications Lead (12 – 18 month assignment)
GreenON is seeking a Communications Lead to develop and implement the infrastructure, standards, products and services to meet the strategic communications and corporate reputation objectives of the agency. You will have primary responsibility for all GreenON messaging, strategic communications planning, corporate communications, social media, issues management and digital engagement. You will also coordinate media and public relations initiatives to promote GreenON programs and services, helping to build awareness and trust in the organization through its startup phase.
- Proven leadership, startup, and project management skills to manage the development and implementation of innovative and creative communications strategies, plans and initiatives for a new high-profile organization with highly technical programs.
- Knowledge and expertise in communication and public relations theories, best practices and methods including social media platforms.
- Superior professional writing, editing, marketing and public relations skills.
- Leadership skills to plan and manage the end-to-end communications planning and implementation process for quality products.
- Customer focused and results orientation combined with values in transparency and accountability.