The Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO) is a new not-for-profit corporation that supports the needs of current and future condominium owners, directors and residents. The CAO was delegated as an administrative authority under the Condominium Act, 1998, and provides services, support, and tools to ensure the consumer protection of condo owners. The CAO oversees the establishment of the Condominium Authority Tribunal, which is a new online tribunal that helps settle and decide condominium-related disputes in Ontario.
The Condominium Authority of Ontario (CAO) is seeking a creative and strategic Communications Manager to manage the brand and develop the overall communications strategy for the organization. You will manage all communications activity for the CAO, including internal communications, media relations, and the development of an online presence for the organization. This is a six (6) month interim opportunity.
As a ‘hands-on’ communications leader, you will develop, implement, and assess communications plans, consumer awareness campaigns, and other programs that support the strategic communication needs of the CAO. This will include responsibility for the coordination of the visual branding all CAO print and electronic materials, as well as the development and management of key messaging and other communications content (including social media).
In the leadership of media relations, you will manage all external media requests and provide advice to the Board and CEO/Registrar on marketing, communications, and public relations. You will identify opportunities to engage stakeholders in the communications process, which may include the coordination of speaking engagements, participation in consumer and government sponsored events, and other new and innovative avenues that will increase consumer awareness and engage the community.
- A post-secondary degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or public service sector.
- Understanding of the role and function of media relations in a regulated industry.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and stakeholder/public relations strategies, plans and activities.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with demonstrated successful experience writing press releases and reports, developing and delivering presentations, and negotiating with media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time under pressure/short timelines.
- Experience in providing confidential advice and executive support to senior officials.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal sales skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.