We are currently looking for an experienced Controller for our large, reputable, government healthcare agency client located in Toronto. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned financial professional who is looking for a challenging, hands-on position.
Please Note: This is a 16 month opportunity from May 2019 to September 2020.
- Lead the development and implementation of financial reporting systems, Internal Control policies, and benchmarking strategies
- Manage and oversee team members, address future needs, and recommend training/learning sessions
- Assess budget requirements and develop reporting for budgeting and operational data
- Manage production of financial data for audit, cash flows, and financial reporting
- Oversee corporate credit card programs and manage usage and any issues
- Ensure accuracy of Third Party Funds and Government agencies reports
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA, CGA);
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a controller;
- Knowledge of GAAP, information management frameworks, and financial and accounting systems;
- Experience within a healthcare environment considered an asset
- Competitive hourly rate;
- Central position located in Toronto;
- Work and gain exposure in the government healthcare sector