Crisis Centre Supervisor
Crisis Services Canada (CSC) is seeking a Crisis Centre Supervisor to join their Clinical Operations Team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will be responsible for supporting the supervision of remote responders and ensuring they are aligned with Canada Suicide Prevention Service policies and operational procedures.
In this role, you will be responsible for: reviewing CSC remote responder call reports for quality assurance and feedback; managing on-call support for CSC remote responders, providing both direct support during specified hours, as well as coordinating with on-call supervisors located at network sites, with whom CSC has contracted to ensure 24/7 coverage; and supporting CSC responder training through role plays, observation or other duties as requested by the clinical operations team.
• Post secondary degree or equivalent in a related field.
• A minimum of 4 years experience in a crisis/distress centre is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
• Sound knowledge of the principles and skills relating to crisis intervention and best practices in suicide prevention.
• A collaborative approach and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Computer literacy including programs such as MS Office and iCarol.
• Available to work shift work, including evenings and weekends and flexible to adjust hours and schedule as necessary to respond to CSPS issues.