Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager
As the subject matter expert, the incumbent champions the development and implementation of effective strategies to create a culture for diversity, equity and inclusion. Working collaboratively with staff and senior management, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager will strategically lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of proactive diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility strategies across the organization and community.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this incumbent will direct and advise on diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility strategy, policies, practices and learning across Brampton Library. This role will identify and implement solutions and initiatives to address systematic bias and organizational barriers.
Your ability to drive change will be critical to Brampton Library’s multi-year diversity and inclusion framework and strategy. Through your strategic vision, your proven change management skills, and ability to generate, implement and evaluate new ideas, plans and programs will build a true sense of belonging to employees, customers and the community as a whole.
• 5+ years’ of experience managing, developing and successfully implementing DE&I and accessibility strategies and programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent with a specialization in DE&I and through formal training and lived experiences.
• The incumbent will hold a diversity and inclusion certification, such as the Canadian Certified Inclusion Professional or the Certificate in Leadership and Inclusion or equivalent with specific training in diversity matters.
• Demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility related initiatives and programs and being accountable for the evolution of DE&I strategy.
• Proven ability to influence change at all levels of the organization by being a strategic thinker, problem solver and hands-on builder.
• Demonstrated leadership capacity, with proven change management skills with success in implementing organizational system changes.
• Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and relationship building skills and ability to foster collaborative work relationships.