Funded through proceeds from Ontario’s carbon market, the Green Ontario Fund (GreenON) is a new not-for-profit provincial agency tasked with reducing greenhouse gas pollution in buildings and industry to help meet Ontario’s emission reduction targets. Through programs and rebates the Green Ontario Fund not only reduces energy use but help people and businesses take climate action into their own hands and grow their savings.
Join the Green Ontario Fund’s (GreenON) implementation team, tasked with the startup of operations and the development of programs to meet the agency’s strategic objectives.
Executive Assistant (12 – 18 month assignment)
GreenON is seeking a highly experienced administrative professional with proven ability providing executive level support in an evolving, high-profile environment to join the organization as it moves through its start-up phase in the role of Executive Assistant. You will support the President /Chief Executive Officer and Directors of the Green Ontario Fund, acting as the corporate point of contact between the President/CEO, Board, and board committees to ensure timely flow of information, documents, and communications.
With responsibility for issues management, you will review and assess all requests for information and other requests to the President/CEO and Directors to prioritize items, coordinate responses, and provide strategic advice. You will also schedule and coordinate logistics, including the preparation of background information, briefing materials, and the drafting of responses to stakeholders on behalf of the President/CEO and Chair of the Board.
- Knowledge of executive office protocols and expertise in providing executive level support to a senior executive in a high profile, demanding, and evolving work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the roles and functions of Boards of Directors, including committee structures, appointment processes and skills to interpret and apply board policies, procedures and corporate by-laws.
- Political acuity, interpersonal and oral communications skills, and ability to maintain government and stakeholder relationships, and represent the interests of the organization on behalf of senior executives.
- Judgement, political acuity and problem-solving skills to manage a range of sensitive issues and ability to handle contentious issues and/or stakeholders in diplomatic manner.
- Research and analytical skills to investigate issues and information requests.
- Written communication skills to prepare a range of board materials, issues-related materials, reports, and responses.
- Proficiency in a variety of computerized applications including database management, filing/tracking, emails, word processing and presentation software (e.g., MS Office suite).