HR Associates is an innovative and forward thinking human resources management firm that provides a variety of human resources solutions to the public and not-for-profit sectors. As a recognized leader in the provision of interim professional resources, we are known for bringing together our diverse network of candidates with our clients’ interim staffing needs, which includes positions in: administrative and executive support, human resources, finance and project management.
Our Regulatory Body client is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant for a temporary 6+ month position in downtown Toronto!
In this role you will be reviewing purchase requisitions, processing invoices, as well as preparing monthly reconciliation. The successful candidate will also be responsible for flagging any financial issues, and resolving financial discrepancies. Lastly, you will be required to answer client inquiries, assist with budget forecasting and updates, and creating database reports as required.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in business administration or accounting is preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable and/or payable;
- Familiarity in marketing/advertising services/agencies in the public sector is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of fundamental budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, financial analysis, and accounting principles;
- Experience with calculations and reports in MS Office.