HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division provides senior level and specialized interim professionals with clients like the Ontario Government, Federal Government, LCBO, Metrolinx, Public Health Ontario, Ontario Lottery and Gaming, College of Nurses of Ontario and many other reputable public sector and not for profit organizations.
We have an exciting opportunity with our client seeking a Finance Supervisor to provide senior level accounting, financial analysis, and reporting services. This candidate will also be tasked with supporting the improvement and expansion of business operations through analysis of the organization’s financial results.
- Analyze a variety of financial information (revenue, expenses, cash and capital assets) for the purpose of providing direction and support, making recommendations, maximizing use of funds;
- Provide analysis on a monthly basis or as required, on comparison of actual results vs. budget;
- Monitor budget allocations and expenditures for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, and expenses are within budget;
- Support the senior management team with long and short-term business planning
- Accounting designation (C.A., C.M.A., or C.G.A.)
- 3-5 years of finance experience at a supervisory level;
- Excellent understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, theories, practices and standards to participate in the development of corporate financial planning;
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills to manage a team;
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset
- Excellent 6 month opportunity;
- Competitive pay rate;
- Position located close to public transit;
- Exciting and challenging work environment