Interim Payroll Manager
HR Associates is an innovative and forward thinking human resources management firm that provides a variety of human resources solutions to the public and not-for-profit sectors. As a recognized leader in the provision of interim professional resources, we are known for bringing together our diverse network of candidates with our client’s interim staffing needs, which includes positions in: administrative and executive support, human resources, finance and project management.
Interim Payroll Manager, Public Sector
Our client in the public sector is looking for an experienced Interim Payroll Manager to fill an immediate need. You will be responsible for processing payroll for 500+ non-unionized employees. This a two (2) month temporary assignment located in Toronto.
In this role you will: verify daily payroll data to assist with processing bi-weekly payroll and routine payroll-related duties. You be charged with the filing of various types of payroll tax returns and perform accounts payable functions such as checking and processing invoices. As the Interim Payroll Manager you will compile and analyze pension data and prepare year-end pension and benefits adjustments for tax purposes, ensuring compliance with applicable public regulations. Finally, you will also reconcile payroll filing (T4 and T4A) with source information, summaries and resolve any discrepancies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience processing payroll;
- Expert technical knowledge and proficiency using Ceridian HCM (Dayforce) payroll software;
- Broader Public and/or Public sector experience is considered an asset;
- Strong ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and communicate effectively;
- Familiarity using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.