Lead, Issues Management and Media Relations
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation is seeking a Lead, Issues Management and Media Relations to build and secure MPAC’s corporate reputation and ensure stability by leading, managing and building awareness of the organization’s issues management and media relations process. With primary responsibility for all issues management, media relations, and media tracking functions, you will proactively identify potential issues that may impact the organization and to manage, mitigate and/or provide resolution recommendations to senior management.
You will have responsibility for developing MPAC’s issues management strategy framework for ongoing issues identification and mitigation and will develop a proactive process for assessing risk and reputation implications to MPAC and stakeholders. You will use your strong relationship building skills to offer expertise and guidance to colleagues in their execution of issues management project and provide advice to senior leadership on strategic and policy issue implications.
Impeccable communication skills will be required to design, develop, and execute the media strategy. You will act as the main contact for the organization in building and maintain a positive relationship with the media, including responding directly to requests. Strong organizational skills will be required to develop, coordinate, and execute media campaigns designed to educate and inform stakeholders about MPAC’s business.
- Completion of post-secondary education in policy analysis, political science, public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field;
- Minimum of 7-9 years of progressively responsible experience in policy analysis, issues management, journalism or public/media relations;
- Proven research and analytical skills, including identifying complex issues and problems, conducting research, analyzing information and making recommendations;
- Demonstrated understanding of public issues and trends and ability to analyze implications to MPAC;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in establishing issues management or risk management processes;
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and editing news releases, articles, position statements, correspondence, advisories, speaking notes, and media kits;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Products, SharePoint, web-based tools including experience with Social Media current tools and strategies, and working knowledge of graphic design;
- Excellent editing skills and strong attention to detail; and
- Fluency in French (verbal and written) is an asset.