Manager, Policy and Governance
The College of Optometrists of Ontario is recruiting for a Manager, Policy and Governance position.
The Position: The Manager, Policy and Governance, is responsible for overseeing policy development, conducting research, and providing analytical support to assist the College in fulfilling its regulatory mandate and meeting its strategic goals. The successful candidate will assist in researching, studying and interpreting current environmental trends, feedback from stakeholders, and regulatory obligations, in order to assist in the development of policy advice for the College. The successful candidate will also serve as staff support to College committees. In addition, the Manager, Policy and Governance, will coordinate the annual Council election and committee volunteer process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct research/analysis for policy projects.
• Serve as staff resource and support to College committees.
• Co-ordinate the annual Council election process.
• Act as policy and governance resource to the College Council and committees.
Skills & Qualifications
• University degree in law and health policy, or an equivalent combination of education and job experience in a related field.
• Several years of progressive experience in a regulatory environment.
• Demonstrated experience reading and understanding legislation including case law.
• Superb verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient in Microsoft for Windows environment (Word, Excel, mail merge, including data management).
• Experience using a membership database software is desirable.
• Licensure as an Ontario lawyer is desirable.
More about the College
We are a small, professional team that promotes collaboration and work-life balance. The College is located in mid-town Toronto near the subway system. Our staff is currently working remotely.