MANAGER, RECORDS MANAGEMENT AND ARCHIVES
Full Time Permanent
The Corporate Services division of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is seeking an experienced records manager to provide expertise, leadership and guidance to the College in the life cycle management of records and in the provision of library services. The manager of this area will lead the Records Management & Archives (RMA) Program and manage RMA staff as they engage in many records management initiatives, including developing and implementing records/information policies and retention schedules and generating file classification plans for departments and in overseeing the delivery of library services, As manager, the incumbent will direct the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for managing College records and library services and direct the development and delivery of training in RMA policies across the College. Using knowledge of the federal and provincial legislation and any applicable standards regarding record management, the manager will ensure that the College’s RMA program remains legally compliant.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be required to negotiate contracts to acquire external services for managing records and engage external service providers. This position works closely with a diverse client base across the College.
- Minimum 6-8 years records management experience with at minimum 3-4 years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in a regulatory or not-for-profit organization
- University degree in Library and Information Sciences
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) or Certified Information Professional (CIP) an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles for managing records and of Canadian (Federal) and provincial legislation affecting the management of records
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and maintaining records management and archival programs
- Project management skills with experience in implementing new programs, especially in implementing an electronic records management system
- Managerial capability and experience in leading a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Proven ability to prepare business cases and make presentations
- Strong customer service philosophy and quality driven
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment and experience in systems for managing records
The College offers a flexible 35 hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.