Nurse Practitioner (NP)
If you are a Nurse Practitioner passionate about designing a continuing care program that is rooted in evidence-based practices and partnerships then we want to hear from you!
As a Nurse Practitioner with Yukon Continuing Care, you will function as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive health care services to persons residing in Whitehorse-based continuing care homes. Continuing care residents include the elderly, frail elderly, persons with cognitive disorders, persons of any age experiencing a debilitating chronic disease (i.e. heart disease, lung disease, Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis), persons experiencing the effects of traumatic injury (brain injury, spinal injury), and those experiencing substance abuse/mental health disorders. The Continuing Care NP functions in a collaborative practice model with family physicians, physician specialists, and other allied health professionals (i.e. optometrists, dentists).
Be a part of a team that delivers on a philosophy of care that includes, “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living”.
- Master of Nursing, Nursing Practitioner stream
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class
- Recently applied knowledge of Nurse Practitioner theory, practices & techniques normally acquired through work experience
- Experience gained in a long term care setting or with a geriatric population would be an asset
- Skilled at fostering and maintaining excellent working relationships with a broad range of individuals and partner organizations
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the transdisciplinary team
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to provide client-centric and outcome-focused care
Full-Time | Permanent | Full Benefits | Excellent Starting Salary | Opportunities for Professional Growth