Nursing Home Attendant (PSW)
If you are a Personal Support Worker who has prepared yourself for a career in continuing care then we want to hear from you!
In the role of Nursing Home Attendant with Yukon Continuing Care, you will be part of a collaborative and supportive team environment. Reporting to the Registered Nurse Supervisor, you will assist the nursing team in providing direct care to residents (children, adults, and seniors) to help meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. You will also participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans.
Be a part of a team that delivers on their philosophy of care – “We are a community that respects and promotes dignity, individual freedom, choice, and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living. We continually strive to create a feeling of home and belonging for all who live here by being responsive to the uniqueness of each resident”.
You’ll be stepping into a full-time career with all the benefits, responsibilities and opportunities for growth and advancement that you strive for.
- Personal Support Worker certificate from an accredited college
- Recently applied knowledge of health care aide theory, practices and techniques
- Experience with charting and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to contribute to a respectful workplace
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Strong commitment to providing a safe, respectful and home-like environment for residents
- Ability to work constructively within a transdisciplinary team and equally able to work independently
- Ability to provide ongoing assistance to long term care residents (children, adults and seniors) in the activities of daily living
Full-Time | Permanent | Full Benefits | Excellent Starting Salary | Opportunities for Professional Growth