HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division supports clients across the province in hiring administrative, professional and executive talent in such areas as administrative support, program management, health care, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc..
Our client, a non-profit organization, is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join their team. This interim assignment is a one (1)+ month opportunity located in Mississauga. You will be responsible for all aspects of servicing payroll, pension and benefits programs for the organization. You will be a key member of the Human Resources Team assisting the Manager and Generalists with recruitment, compensation, onboarding and team initiatives.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources Strategy, Programs & Operations, you will:
- Serve as initial point of contact for the organization’s service offerings related to payroll, pension/group RRSP and group benefits. You will respond to inquiries from staff, suppliers and benefits providers to ensure timely resolution.
- Prepare and transmit payroll through ADP on a bi‐weekly basis; ensure processing is accurate, timely and compliant with all applicable laws.
- Prepare remittances for payroll deductions such as statutory deductions, pension, and all third party deductions.
- Ensure payroll, pension and other information is properly documented and audit‐ready.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers to facilitate the coordination, alignment and achievement of team/broader organizational objectives.
- Partner with Finance department for account mapping, tax filing, reporting liabilities and account reconciliation.
- Actively participate in coaching, team meetings and organizational initiatives.
- Continuously improve and proactively implement processes and procedures to ensure departmental efficiencies and customer needs are met.
- A minimum of 3+ years of working experience in payroll is required;
- College diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree in Payroll/Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related area; CPA certified: Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) and/or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of ADP payroll software and MS Office suite, particularly Excel is required;
- Public and/or Broader Public sector experience is preferred;