Procurement Specialist (Government)
HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division provides senior level and specialized interim professionals with clients like the Ontario Government, Federal Government, LCBO, Metrolinx, Public Health Ontario, Ontario Lottery and Gaming, College of Nurses of Ontario and many other reputable public sector and not for profit organizations.
Our client in the broader public sector is seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist with strong communication and analytical skills to join their team. This is an exciting 6 month opportunity with a new, independent regulatory agency of the Ontario Government where you will manage the full range of procurement activities.
- Responsible for establishing procurement processes and templates for the organization
- Responsible for supporting leads in developing business cases and contract management
- Manage and administrate RFx end-to-end process; including issuance, receipt, mandatory requirements review, and evaluation consensus sessions;
- Manage vendor relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of OPS procurement principles, policies, directives, processes and resources;
- 3-5 years procurement experience within the public and broader public sector of Ontario;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operations of a vendor management database/system to maintain quality information;
- Good judgment/problem solving skills, along with strong relationship building skills;
- A high degree of confidentiality