Project Coordinator, Public Sector
HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division supports clients across the province in hiring administrative, professional and executive talent in such areas as administrative support, program management, health care, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc..
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Project Management Office /Project Coordinator to join their team. This interim assignment is a five (5)+ month opportunity located in Scarborough.
In this role, you will work in the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) to support the implementation and adoption of “best practices” tools, templates and processes as the organization continues to build, implement and adopt framework.
If you are detail-orientated, highly organized, inventive and motivated with demonstrated project management experience, this opportunity may be for you!
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Project Management Office, you will:
- Assist with the development and implementation of “Best Practices” and “Operational Excellence” for the EPMO;
- Vet existing tools, templates and processes and provide subject matter expert level guidance suggesting revisions, modifications and/or the adoption of net new templates, processes, etc.;
- Analysis and restructure the EPMO SharePoint site so templates, guidelines and other relevant information is made easily available, and standardized templates are used by multiple cross-functional stakeholders;
- Facilitate the Project Change Control process;
- Develop and maintain processes, procedures, tools and materials to support Project Managers/Business Owners to ensure compliance with required work packages/artifacts as per the SDLC and/or Agile framework;
- Support staff in the development of project proposals, business cases, charters, plans and budgets to ensure alignment with strategic business objectives;
- Create and maintain an integrated road-map, noting cross impact/inter-dependencies of multiple projects and/or milestones.
- Ensure that all project documentation received in the EPMO is logged, tracked and filed appropriately;
- Provide support for the day-to-day operations of the EPMO, and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience working in a coordination role with project teams and managers;
- A strong working knowledge of the internal operations of a formal project management office (PMO) or enterprise project management office (EPMO)
- A solid understanding of SDLC and/or Agile project management methodologies;
- Advanced skills in SharePoint and PowerPoint;
- Proven experience using Excel, MS Project, and Visio;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills;