FULL TIME – CONTRACT TO MARCH 2022
Compute Canada is seeking an experienced and results-oriented Project Manager to coordinate and support a variety of initiatives supporting research in Canada and principally related to the transition of these initiatives between organizations.
In this key role, you will work closely with the senior management team and various project leads at partner organizations to support and coordinate on various Advanced Research Computing (ARC) cyberinfrastructure activities. You will use a project management framework to initiate, plan, execute and track the progress of ARC activities related to transition between organizations including high level oversight and monitoring of project progress, milestones and deliverables while considering change management, assessing variances from project plans, issues management and risk mitigation strategies. You will prepare reports, briefs and correspondence related to major Compute Canada projects, issues, risk and mitigation strategies, providing recommendations, accurate information and advice to senior management.
You will act as the liaison between Compute Canada’s senior management, vendors, partners and stakeholders to ensure deliverables and expectations are effectively managed and issues are resolved as well as engage with cross-functional project teams and assist with inter-project dependencies and communications.
▪ Completion of a postsecondary degree with PMP designation.
▪ 5+ years of related project management experience preferably in a research/scientific and technology sector.
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, frameworks, and best practices.
▪ Proficient in the use of software for project management and tracking, as well as Smartsheets, Google Suite, and Slack.
▪ Demonstrated analytical and time management skills to set priorities and pivot quickly on unforeseen changes.
▪ Experience establishing strong professional relationships at all levels within and with partner organizations and vendors.
▪ Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
▪ Ability to effectively work from a home office environment (or may opt to work at Compute Canada Office in Toronto) with ability to travel in the future as required.
For further information on Compute Canada, please visit: www.computecanada.ca
How to ApplyIf you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please send your application to email@example.com by April 1st, 2021. Questions about the position or the recruitment process can be directed to Luciana Da Silva of HR Associates at 416-237-1500, ext. 266, or Luciana.DaSilva@hrassociates.ca.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process.