Records Team Lead
HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division provides senior level and specialized interim professionals with clients like the Ontario Government, Federal Government, LCBO, Metrolinx, Public Health Ontario, Ontario Lottery and Gaming, College of Nurses of Ontario and many other reputable public sector and not for profit organizations.
We are seeking a Records Team Lead for an exciting 11-month opportunity with our client. This individual will lead the records team in tracking and organizing records requests, along with ensuring verification documentation is accurate and complete. The right candidate should have strong records management experience at a supervisory level.
- Confirming information verified by Records Clerks to ensure accuracy;
- Ensure information is retained according to policies and in compliance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FIPPA);
- Create, implement and maintain numerical and/or alpha filing system and procedures;
- Train and provide leadership, orientation and guidance to temporary record clerks on locating appropriate documents and information and maintaining the file management system;
- Respond to enquiries by the public, the legal team, and/or other external stakeholders about the verification process.
- 3-5 years of records management experience;
- Knowledge of ministry record keeping practises;
- Strong understanding of FIPPA;
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills to manage a team in a high volume environment
- Excellent 11 month opportunity;
- Competitive pay rate;
- Position located close to public transit;
- Exciting and challenging work environment