Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor, Public Sector
HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division supports clients across the province in hiring administrative, professional and executive talent in such areas as administrative support, program management, health care, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc. Our clients include the Ontario Government, Federal Government, LCBO, Metrolinx, Public Health Ontario, Ontario Lottery and Gaming, College of Nurses of Ontario and many other reputable public sector and not for profit organizations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Internal Auditor for an excellent 7 month interim assignment with our client in their Internal Audit Division.
The purpose of this role will be to provide expertise and advice in risk management, business consulting, assurance services and project management and coordination to the senior management of the audit team and its nine client ministries to support the achievement of their collective business objectives.
- A minimum 5+ years of audit experience;
- A professional designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CIA) and a combination of skills and expertise in the internal audit field;
- Knowledge of government financial and accounting principles (GAAP, PSAB), policies and processes to audit financial reporting and accountability frameworks;
- Ability to plan, conduct, coordinate and lead multiple, complex audit projects including value-for-money audits, special investigations, financial management and compliance audits.
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, current audit practices and methodologies;
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in accordance with functionally-related auditing and accounting principles, audit policies, standards, procedures and practices, and professional code of conduct.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability concentrate when absorbing and analyzing voluminous documentation.