Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor, Government of Ontario
HR Associates is a leader in public sector interim staffing and human resources consulting. Our Interim Staffing Division supports clients across the province in hiring administrative, professional and executive talent in such areas as administrative support, program management, health care, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc. Our clients include the Ontario Government, Federal Government, LCBO, Metrolinx, Public Health Ontario, Ontario Lottery and Gaming, College of Nurses of Ontario and many other reputable public sector and not for profit organizations.
We are currently seeking two (2) experienced Senior Internal Auditors for an excellent six (6) month interim assignment with our client for their Finance Audit Service Team.
In this role, you will be responsible to provide expertise, advice in risk management, business consulting and assurance services to Senior Management to support the achievement of business objectives.
Your key responsibilities will include providing expertise, advice and consulting services to assist clients in the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies for current or proposed operations, processes, policies and programs. You will utilize appropriate risk assessment and management methodologies to monitor, evaluate, report risks to senior management and identify risks and adopt risk mitigation strategies.
You will also plan, conduct, coordinate and lead multiple, complex audit projects including value-for-money audits, special investigations, financial management and compliance audits. These tasks require interviewing stakeholders, documenting systems, extracting data and information, researching internal and external sources of information and reporting.
- A minimum 6+ years of professional experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Capital Markets, fixed income and derivatives trading activities, treasury management, interest and foreign exchange rates risk assessment and management;
- Familiarity with generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, current audit practices and methodologies;
- Project management skills to establish/document organizational operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas and to participate in strategic and operational planning/implementation of concurrent projects within budget and target date;
- Knowledge of government financial and accounting principles (GAAP,PSAB), policies and processes to audit financial reporting and accountability frameworks/processes and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the client’s financial information;
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications such as specialized audit software ( e.g. IDEA, Audit Command Language) as well as PC skills and computer applications for use of word processing, spreadsheets, email and database applications.
- Familiarity with consulting and educating to provide services to clients i.e.: presenting audit findings, preparing briefing materials, advising on various control and risk assessment strategies and processes;
- Ability to work as a strong team player, as well as an independent worker with a low level of direction and guidance;