SPECIAL PROJECTS ANALYST (SUMMER INTERN)
GreenON is seeking a motivated intern to join its team as a Special Projects Analyst on this 3-4 month contract. This is an opportunity to work in an exciting new organization with aims to mobilize Ontarians to take actions that reduce their carbon footprint. The intern will be responsible for outreach to certain key stakeholders such as the Canadian financial community (chartered banks, private and institutional investors, the Canada Infrastructure Bank, the Federal Panel of Sustainable Finance) and private sector utility partners on energy conservation programs (i.e. electric utilities, Ontario’s Independent Electricity System Operator, gas utilities).
In this role, you will have the chance to be involved in confidential high-level strategic thinking to support the Chair of the Board of Directors and interim CEO on positioning the Agency to accomplish its mandate. This support will also extend to helping implement its priorities with regards to mitigating the impact of energy costs and improving Ontario’s competitiveness and creating jobs in Ontario. Other duties include: preparation of presentation decks to various audiences, compilation and analysis of data, as well as research work.
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Engineering, Economics, or Public Policy
- Experience in strategy consulting, independent public policy, energy space, regulated utility, government services
- Understanding of the Ontario energy and electricity markets is a strong asset
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- A go-getter, dynamic attitude combined with values in transparency and accountability.