Women’s Street Market Coordinator
The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre (DEWC) is a drop-in centre and emergency night shelter offering a wide variety of services and programs to a diverse community of women and children living in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver.
The Street Market Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Program Development Manager to develop, implement, and facilitate a Women’s Street Market in the downtown eastside of Vancouver that meets the needs of the Peer and Vendor participants. She will ensure all aspects of the recruitment, orientation, training, and scheduling of women Peers and Vendors; marketing of the Women’s Street Market; and development of partnerships.
Reporting directly to the Program Development Manager, the Women’s Street Market Coordinator will work in collaboration with community partners to facilitate a safe, accessible, and supportive space for women in the downtown eastside to work. She will work from a feminist perspective and within an anti-oppression framework.
Street Market Program Development and Implementation: Works with the Program Development Manager to develop, grow, and implement a Women’s Street Market that prioritizes the safety, security, and access to opportunity for women in Vancouver’s downtown eastside. Establish partnerships, polices & procedures, and coordinate contracts to ensure the smooth operations of the market.
Peer and Vendor Program: Coordinate all aspects of the Peer and Vendor Program for the Women’s Street Market, recruiting women from Vancouver’s downtown Eastside. Provide information, training, and support to the Peer and Vendor participants.
Outreach and Liaison: Develops and maintains links with other community agencies to provide training and skills development for program participants. Attend meetings and community events as appropriate and which support the objectives of the Women’s Street Market Develop and implement an outreach strategy to ensure women living in the downtown eastside are aware of and have access to the Peer and Vending program.
Education and Programming: Develops and implements educational workshops, training, and skills development opportunities for women Peers and Vendors.
Marketing: Develop and implement a marketing strategy to draw an ongoing customer base to the Street Market. Strategies will include organizing weekly entertainment, and other opportunities that attract the general public.
Administration: Facilitates the finances of the Women’s Street Market including Peer compensation. Ensures collection and reporting of program statistics and finances.
- Minimum 5 years related experience including working with low-income women, at least 2 years in a women serving or inner city drop-in environment
- Must have proven event planning experience and skills
- Must have a strong working knowledge and analysis of the issues impacting women in the downtown eastside, including violence against women, mental health, homelessness, and addictions
- Candidate must work from strong feminist analysis and within an anti-oppression framework
- Understanding of and practices a trauma informed care response when working with women
- Efficient organizational skills including record keeping, scheduling, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including report writing.
- Demonstrated computer and IT aptitude
- Skilled in program facilitation and development as well as working in partnerships with allied service providers
- Strong conflict resolution skills and practice
- Demonstrated crises intervention training and experience
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to work in a respectful and cooperative manner with co-workers, and centre members
- Ability to work within a chaotic environment and with a diverse community of women
- A First Aid certificate is required
- Candidate must undergo a criminal record check
- Women with addiction issues, need to be at least 2 years clean and sober
- Start Date: March 1st, 2018 / Temporary Part-Time/ 21 hours per week (May lead to full-time from April 2018 dependent on funding.)
- Temporary Contract until September 30, 2018
- Union (BCGEU) – $21.00 per hour + Generous Health & Welfare Benefits pkg after 3 months.
- Location: DEWC Drop In Centre, 302 Columbia St, Vancouver
Additional languages spoken an asset/Aboriginal Women and Women of Colour are Strongly Encouraged to Apply
How to ApplyPlease submit resume and covering letter to Street Market Coordinator Hiring Committee via email, mail or fax to: 302 Columbia Street, Vancouver, BC., V6A 4J1 Fax: (604) 681-8470 / Email: email@example.com
- Posted by: DEWC
- Company: The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Sector/Specialty: Not for Profit
- Job type: Temp. Part-Time
- Job category: Program Management/Delivery
- Tags: contract - coordinator - develop - downtown eastside - dtes - market - marketing - program - strategies - women
- Job expires in: 20 days
65 total views, 3 today