Established in 1996, HR Associates is a recognized leader in the provision of temporary services to the public, broader public, and not-for-profit sectors throughout Ontario. With over 20 years of experience providing services to the public and broader public sector, we are temporary help recruitment specialists with extensive experience in providing recruitment services for administrative and professional positions in program management, healthcare, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc.
Our Ministry, public sector client is seeking an Accounting Assistant to join their team for an interim opportunity, with possibility of extension, located in Toronto, Ontario. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for providing financial services on behalf of others by processing account transactions, reconciling, verifying, and processing billings, integrating invoices into their accounting system, and preparing cheque requisitions. You will also provide administrative support and solutions to internal and external customers; prepare regular program reports, identify any discrepancies, and maintain their records, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
• You have a minimum of 2 years of accounting/finance experience or related education knowledge.
• You have strong technical skills with a proficiency using MS Excel
• You have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy skills
• You have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a professional manner
• You have exceptional problem solving and analytical skills