The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is a private not-for-profit corporation that is designated by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services to be the regulatory authority responsible for licensing of Ontario’s new home builders and vendors. HCRA goal is to foster improved home quality and homebuyer confidence in the home building industry through modernized licensing standards, education and compliance, providing increased consumer protection through enhanced regulatory measures. To learn more about HCRA please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
HCRA is seeking a compliance professional who thrives in a fast-paced, high-profile environment to fill the role of Compliance Officer. Reporting to the Manager, Compliance and Complaints, you will:
- Be the initial contact with complainants, gathering information to support licensing compliance complaints, including conducting records checks, accounts and information searches on past conduct.
- Provide support to Manager, Compliance & Complaints, Snr. Compliance Officers and legal counsel with the preparation of compliance outcomes.
- Prepare compliance letters and documents for approval / sign off by senior staff.
- Record information into department databases ensuring accuracy of information.
- Maintain electronic compliance files ensuring the proper storage of information and provide assistance to legal counsel to support complaint outcomes, including prosecutions.
- Contribute to the analysis and development of compliance processes, guidelines, tools and forms, consumer and public education materials to support continuous improvement and the development/implementation of any licensing program related changes or enhancements.
- Support compliance activities and special projects, as required
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible related experience in a regulatory and compliance environment.
- Completion of a postsecondary degree/diploma in a related field such as Psychology, Sociology, Law, Criminology or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with legislation/regulations in a regulatory environment
- Familiarity with related legislation such as the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017 and related regulations such as Ontario Building Code Regulation under the Building Code Act, 1992., Criminal Code, Canada Evidence Act and Provincial Offences Act, Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act.
- Knowledge and understanding of proceedings in administrative hearings.
- Knowledge and understanding of the theories, principles, standards and practices of compliance auditing and inspections.
- Analytical, research and problem-solving skills gathering evidence and information to support licensing compliance and complaints.
- Strong file management ability, including the ability to gather supporting documentation for preparation of cases, as required by legal counsel.
- Experience in gathering and managing documents in an electronic database used to support complaint outcomes, including prosecutions.
- Capacity to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment to meet goals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences.
- Excellent computer skills and good knowledge of and proficiency with applicable software programs to maintain case files.
- A valid class “G” driver license required to travel throughout the province and including site visits.
How to ApplyTo apply, please forward your resume and cover letter HR Associates (our recruitment partner) at email@example.com by September 24th, 2021. If you have questions, please contact Luciana Da Silva at 416-237-1500 x266. For more information about HCRA or to view other career opportunities, please visit www.hcraontario.ca. HCRA will offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and a defined contribution pension plan. A Criminal Reference Check will be required for the successful candidate. We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. HCRA IS AN INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.
- Posted by: Luciana Dasilva
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job type: Perm. Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
175 total views, 1 today