Established in 1996, HR Associates is a recognized leader in the provision of temporary services to the public, broader public, and not-for-profit sectors throughout Ontario. With over 20 years of experience providing services to the public and broader public sector, we are temporary help recruitment specialists with extensive experience in providing recruitment services for administrative and professional positions in program management, healthcare, communications, human resources, finance, information technology, policy development, etc.
Our public sector client is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join their team for an excellent interim opportunity!
Reporting to the Director, Finance, you will use your strong leaderships skills to oversee a team of finance professionals and manage the accuracy and execution of all financial activities. You will be responsible for leading and planning financial reporting processes, managing the coordination of budget forecasting, and ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all financial information provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Completion of a professional accounting or business designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Minimum of ten years of demonstrated financial management experience within a large organization
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)and other financial systems and processes
- Excellent leadership skills and strong ability to manage a team of professionals
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills and strong ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Proficiency in using various accounting systems including AccPac, Prophix and MS Office software