Coordinator, Investigations and Hearings
The College of Optometrists of Ontario is recruiting for the permanent, full-time position of Coordinator, Investigations and Hearings. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Investigations and Resolutions, this position will provide administrative and investigative support to the Senior Manager and involves coordinating and monitoring activities related to the complaint investigation and hearings processes. Responsibilities include: responding in a timely manner to queries from the public regarding the complaints process; ensuring that relevant and accurate information is provided to parties with respect to the investigations and hearings processes; ensuring detailed information is captured accurately and fully in case files, reports and the complaints and member databases; monitoring member compliance for resolution undertakings and agreements; and monitoring/ assimilating government policy/legislation relevant to areas of responsibility. This position will provide general administrative support e.g. prepare standard letters/legal documents, maintain confidential records and files, assist the Senior Manager in the coordination of meetings and hearings including the preparation of meeting notices/agendas; and update documents. An important aspect of this position is to establish and maintain professional and timely communication with the Senior Manager, external stakeholders including the public, complainants, government agencies, and legal offices, and optometrists. The Coordinator will also act as administrative resource to the Discipline Committee, including: liaising with the Committee Chair and members, communicating with the parties and ensuring the proper scheduling and coordination of discipline hearings.
- University Degree or Community College Diploma, preferably in Administrative Law, Business or Healthcare, with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience including complaints resolution. Ideally, experience includes working in a regulatory, not-for-profit work environment, preferably in healthcare.
- Proven ability to read and to assimilate legislation. Knowledge of health legislation is a definite asset.
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles and terminology,
- Ability to explain information in an understandable way to diverse stakeholders, and effectively manage complaints and conflicts. Excellent listening and problem-solving skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writer, above average communications and proofreading skills; strong attention to detail.
- Excellent research and analytical skills for identifying information and issues of relevance.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Mail Merge, Excel) and database software. Content-managed webpage knowledge/experience an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, to prioritize and manage several different and varied tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
The College offers competitive compensation, based on experience.
More about the College
We are a small, professional team that promotes collaboration and work-life balance. The College is in midtown Toronto near the subway. Our staff is currently working in a hybrid environment.
How to ApplyQualified candidates interested in this opportunity are asked to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, November 12. Questions about the position or the recruitment process can be directed to Luciana Da Silva of HR Associates at 416-237-1500, ext. 266, or Luciana.DaSilva@hrassociates.ca. Our College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender. Accommodations are available on request. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posted by: Luciana Dasilva
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Sector/Specialty: Regulatory
- Job type: Perm. Full-Time
- Job category: Legal
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
3269 total views, 5 today