Senior Privacy Specialist
Ontario Health is the provincial agency responsible for ensuring Ontarians receive high-quality health care services where and when they need them. Since it was established in June 2019, Ontario Health has brought together the strengths of many existing health care organizations to work together to build a better health care system for all Ontarians. Building on the expertise and knowledge of our people, we are committed to applying the best of what we collectively do, and in partnership with others, to transform the health system and improve the quality and delivery of care for patients, families and health care providers. To learn more about OH please visit www.ontariohealth.ca
Senior Privacy Specialist (3 vacancies)
Ontario Health is seeking privacy professionals who thrive in a fast-paced, project-focused complex environment to fill the role of Senior Privacy Specialist. In this role, you will bring your specialized knowledge to Ontario Health’ expanding Privacy Office as part of a dedicated team of professionals that lead the development of a fit-for-purpose privacy program for some of the most exciting and transformative health initiatives in Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Privacy you will support lead and facilitate activities related to the development, implementation, and maintenance of and adherence to the Ontario Health Privacy Program. You will apply and improve policy analysis, act as an advisor by completing privacy impact assessments and provide consultation on a diverse range of complex, multi-stakeholder health privacy issues and Information Technology initiatives. You will play a key role in championing and establishing privacy-by-design principles and best practices for Ontario Health. Through your collaborative style, you will engage with internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative solutions to emerging, complex privacy issues.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a university (bachelor) program; holds an undergraduate or master’s degree in health, policy, IT, security, law or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated relevant experience including conducting and/or providing oversight for Privacy Impact Assessments including developing privacy requirements, risk mitigation plans, corporate policies and developing and/or delivering training content.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of access and privacy requirements and practices, preferably related to the health and public sectors, including knowledge of privacy legislation (Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)).
- Thorough understanding of “privacy-by-design” and best practices.
- Knowledge of technology architecture and infrastructure, digital health solutions and services, enterprise and corporate IT including information and cyber security preferred.
- Direct operational level privacy experience preferably in a health sector and/or IT environment is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of digital health technologies and information security industry standards.
- Exceptional analytic and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences/stakeholders
- Recognized access and privacy designation (CIPP/C) and security certificate or designation is preferred.
How to ApplyTo apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) at SrPrivacy-OH@hrassociates.ca by October 21st, 2021. If you have questions, please contact Luciana Da Silva at 416-237-1500 x266. For more information about Ontario Health or to view other career opportunities, please visit www.ontariohealth.ca. Ontario Health will offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and a defined contribution pension plan. Ontario Health employees are currently operating remotely on a full-time basis. We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Ontario Health is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
- Posted by: Luciana Dasilva
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Perm. Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
239 total views, 6 today